Saturday, July 07, 2007

File Under "Who'd Have Thunk It"

So the rejected Manuscript just sold on eBay for... $51!!
The winner is... Benedict Corpuz of Lathrop California. Thanks so much, Benedict. You're an official Palms Daddy!

Wow. I'm pretty surprised. That's about $25 more than I could've asked for it and still kept a straight face. $20 more than I would've hoped for as an outside high end. So hooray for the world of online auctions! I have to say I'm pretty happy with that. (Won't let it go to my head though, or will try not to.)
All this as my wife's out there walking across San Francisco in the midst of her 27 mile first day of the Avon walk. That's a lot of miles. I walked 13 miles once and... yeah. So I'm impressed with her for doing this and happy to say that the $51 is all going to her fundraising efforts for the walk. She's still about $800 short of her goal (they set you at $1,800!) so she can use all the help she can get. If you have a feeling like you want to give, you can do it HERE.

And thanks to everyone who bid on the manuscript. Of course it never would've gotten where it did without your bidding! Thanks again Benedict!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home