Thursday, August 23, 2007

Continuing with the SSF Profiles: Swierczynski

Yes, you read that right. It's Swierczynski. Say that 5 times fast.

Duane Swierczysnki appeared on This Is Life #4 to read the story so far. I first heard Duane on Shannon Clute and Richard Edwards’ superlative Behind the Black Mask, where I basically heard most of the authors from the show first interviewed. Got to give it up to Clute and Edwards, they’ve been a huge part of my introduction to contemporary crime/noir.

Back to Duane: when I heard him talking about The Wheelman, I ordered it the same day. For fast thrills, quick exciting turns and action, it’s your book. Good stuff.
Not only is Duane a killer writer, he’s also the editor of the Philadelphia City Paper full time and a serious Philly-buff non-stop. Now that I’ve looked him up some more, I see Duane’s written way more books than I knew about. He's written the crime novels, The Blonde and The Wheelman in addition to a TON of non-fiction including books about bank robberies, spies, espionage, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fraud, Scams and Cons, and several books about drinking. Even The Big Bad Book of Beer. How did I miss these?
If you want more Duane, start with his blog and read his fiction at The Thrilling Detective Website.

Wow. I also just found out he's written a Moon Knight comic books for Marvel! Damn. In his words, "enter the Nerdery." But then again, who isn't these days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home