Monday, July 31, 2006

Voices

So it gets to about ch. 4 and I realize: what am I doing with these voices? Maybe I can do a simple tough-guy accent or even two of them if I'm pushed, but when I get to women, Czechs, and others, what am I to do? I'm no genius actor here, in case you hadn't noticed. So tonight it's a fix, something I may be stuck on for the moment. I'll still post Ch. 2 and 3 on Wednesday, but from here I've got to figure out how I go forward w/ the voices. Anyone want to read a female part for me??

Well... this isn't a performance though, so much as it is a book that I'm trying to just read. But where's the line. This is what I'll have to figure out. Luckily I have a little time and I'm going back East to relax and soak in humidity, so that'll bake the answers out of me. For now, though, I'm recording, sad to be leaving my dog, and glad to have the summer term over so I can stop running around all the time. Now I can just run around for a day or two and then sit in Cambridge, Nantucket, the Berkshires, and relax in between jumps.

Post a comment if you have any votes as to what I should do about the voices. Also let me know how you liked Ch. 1.
It's going, and by Ch. 5 it really hits its stride. But for now, I'm still getting the engines going. Check zeek.net today (Tuesday) to see my new story pub.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lunch Table Nomad said...

It may take a bit of text rejiggering, but I wonder: if you're uncomfortable with the voices, don't do the voices. You've already started a bit with the voices, but I don't think it's too late. I've heard novels with and without voice characterizations, and I think both are good. So if you're uncomfortable, forget the voices.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home